NOVATO, CA, USA, Aug 28, 2015 - IMSI/Design, a leading software provider and developer of the #1 best-selling CAD in retail, announced the release of TurboCAD LTE Pro version 8 for Windows 10. TurboCAD LTE Pro 8 is a major update to the professional 2.5D CAD solution that works like AutoCAD LT, with similar UI, command line, and support for .DWG, but boasts many additional, innovative features. A new customizable object manipulation tool, IFC import, and improved roof tools are among dozens of new and improved features. A video is available at http://youtu.be/d3GW1tL5Tr0
“TurboCAD LTE Pro continues to be a robust CAD alternative or companion product for professionals, especially those users familiar with AutoCAD products and looking for common architectural and mechanical design features”, stated Bob Mayer, President of IMSI/Design. “This is our first TurboCAD release since the release of Windows 10 and we believe customers will find LTE’s performance is really optimized under the new OS”, added Mayer.” TurboCAD LTE Pro version 8 also supports Windows 8, 7, and Vista.
TurboCAD LTE Pro V8 new and improved features include:
Architectural / Simple BIM
- New IFC Import: Simple Building Information Modeling (BIM) is now more advanced with the ability to import intelligent Walls, Doors, Windows, Slabs and Roofs saved in the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format, the industry standard for BIM information.
- Improve Roof Angles: TurboCAD now makes it easy to control the rise/run and/or degrees of a roof angle.
- New Slab Roof Object Types: TurboCAD now allows users to make a roof slab object type. With one slab, you can quickly create a flat roof, or use in conjunction with new roof angles, mitering, and edge cut tools to join several slabs together and create nearly any roof style.
- New Mitering of Roof Slabs: Select two or more roof slabs and have them “meet” automatically.
- New Roof Edge Cut Orientation: A new “Edge cut” roof property for roof slabs allows users to select different methods of roof building, either plumb or square.
- Improved Roof Modifier: Now you can quickly create holes in roofs for chimney’s, skylights, etc. and trim edges of roofs.
- New Conceptual Selector: Manipulate and modify 3D objects like never before. The totally flexible design of Conceptual Selector allows users to customize any visual and editing parameters available in the application (eg. Move, scale, or rotate).
- Improved Nudge: The TurboCAD Nudge function now offers more efficient pick-up and placement of selected object(s) using the numbers pad.
- Improved Block/Group Editing: While in block/group edit mode, users can now snap to objects outside the block or group.
- More Flexible UI: Users can now re-size dialog boxes as needed for their design environment. Adjust the screen size, resolution, and more. Works with the majority of dialog boxes including general property pages, multiline text, dimensions, program setup, and Drawing options pages.
- New Contact Manager & File Sharing: Users now have the ability to create and maintain contact lists and send files to individuals or groups from within TurboCAD.
- New Backup Open Documents On Program Close: New default option automatically saves any modified documents you have open when the program closes, and then reloads when the program is next opened.
- New Untitled Documents: Documents that you have created and not saved are backed up using the name "Untitled" followed by a number and the date/time.
- New File Buffer: New option to save the Undo/Redo buffer of a file when it closes. The buffer is re-loaded when the file is reopened, to be used from the last point.
- Improved RedSDK Rendering: Updated engine (to v188.8.131.52) and new displacement shader for more realistic materials.
- Dynamic Cutaway Plane: Cut away plane, for looking inside a 3D model, works in draft mode, in mixed draft and wireframe, and in mixed draft and hidden line modes.
- Improved Format Painter Tool: Use the Format Painter to transfer Custom Properties and Property Set Definitions (PSD) from one object to another. This huge productivity improvement is also a crucial feature for extending BIM/IFC models.
- New Dimension Units Format ‘By Drawing’: Users can now globally define dimension units at the drawing level.
- Improved Dimension Text: Dimension Text can be set to non-rotatable. With this property selected, dimension text will always face the user no matter the orientation of the drawing.
- Sorted Layers in Drop Down Lists: The Layers in the drop down and simple lists are now sorted as per the Design Director. If you change the control view order in Design Director the same ordering will be in all other Layer controls.
- Improved Trim Tools: New ability to trim hatched or closed objects and maintain the hatch or closure.
- Improved Join Polyline Tool: The Join Polyline Tool now works on Beziers and splines without converting them to a polyline, so that their original curve status is maintained.
- Improved AutoCAD (DWG/DXF): Read/write filters for 2013-2015. Dynamic blocks are imported as simple blocks.
- New SketchUp (SKP): Read/write filter based on SketchUp 2015.
TurboCAD LTE Pro version 8 has a suggested retail price of $299.99 and is now available. Also available is TurboCAD LTE with a suggest retail price of $149.99. Upgrade pricing is also available to previous owners of TurboCAD LTE. For more information, visit www.TurboCAD.com or call IMSI/Design at 1.800.833.8082 (+1.415.483.8000).
IMSI/Design is the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design) and home design desktop software, and a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry. With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD, DesignCAD, TurboFloorPlan, TurboViewer, and TurboSite families of precision design applications for desktop and mobile. For more information, visit www.IMSIdesign.com.