NOVATO, CA, USA, Mar 23, 2016 - IMSI/Design, the developer of the #1 best-selling CAD in retail, announced the release of both TurboCAD Pro 2016 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2016.
"While this year's release follows others with remarkable architectural and visualization/rendering enhancements, TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2016 is a particularly outstanding release when it comes to professional mechanical design enhancements. These include advanced 3D Blending, 3D Law tools and Point Cloud support," stated Bob Mayer, President of IMSI/Design. To view new feature video click here.
TurboCAD Pro 2016 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2016 new and improved features include:
3D modeling / Mechanical
- NEW Advanced Blending Functionality - New 3D Fillet Blending options allow for much more organic and realistic object creation. New Holdline Blend uses 2D elements to control limits of the fillet. New Variable Blend uses points to specify the radii at various locations on the fillet.
- New Bend to Path and Part Tree operation can bend an ACIS solid object along a line, arc, or curve.
- New Curve from Law tool creates a parametrically defined 2D, 3D curve using Laws. The resulting curve can be used by the Graphic on Path tool, in Sweeps, etc.
- New Surface from Laws generates an entirely new parametric surface object by formula.
- New Warp Entity by Law can warp an existing 3D solid based on a formula.
- New Offset with Laws reshapes the resulting offset object based on a formula.
- New Extract Entity allows extraction of edges and faces from a solid body with or without an offset. Offset sheet faces loops, and other extracted objects can be used by other tools such as sweep. Options include extract edge from body, extract/offset face from solid, remove open gap from sheet body, and offset face/planar face loop.
- New Imprint Edge imprints edges into Faces, dividing them into discrete areas each of which can have its own material.
- New Tweak Face Tool extends the face of an existing 3D solid object to the boundary that is defined by a sheet face, allowing users to easily create more complexed forms.
- Improved Revolve Face offers the ability to use a 2D profile to generate a revolve from the face of an existing 3D object and either add or subtract the result.
- New Slots Tools including Slot, Circular Slot, and Circular Slot By Center and Radius.
- New Point Cloud Support – TurboCAD Pro Platinum now offers tools to interpret a set of data points in X, Y, and Z coordinates, used to represent the external surface of an object. New Point Cloud Import/Export uses .PCD and .XYZ formats to transfer data. New Point Cloud Triangulation can extract a surface from a point cloud data set, and New Subset Point Cloud selects a subset of an existing point cloud to create a separate entity.
- Additional Enhancements include new 3D Slice by Facet, new Lofting to a Point, and a checkerboard pattern added to the Array / Pattern Tool. TurboCAD Pro 2016 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2016 also now use the ACIS R26 Kernel for its 3D modeling engine.
- New Convert Roof Slabs - Take a classic TurboCAD roof, and convert it to a set of roof slabs. This makes it more convenient to create and edit custom roofs (clipped gable roof, dormer, etc...).
- New Trim Roof Slab by Plane - Allows users to trim a Roof Slab by the plane of other roof slabs, standard roofs, or walls.
- New/Improved IFC Object Support - The IFC file filter, used for building information management (BIM), now supports the Import and Export of Beam and Column object types.
- Improved House Wizard for quickly laying out house plans now allows you to name each room while in the tool.
- Additional Enhancements include that ability to multi-landing stairs from a 2D polyline. Also, the Edit Roof Slab Tool now includes an input field.
- New Redsdk 4.1 Engine with Photorealistic Enhancements including New Portals to designate objects as transparent to sky luminances, and New Tone Mapping Controls that are both interactive and graphical.
- Improved Render Manager and workflow of rendering components including materials, luminances, environments, and advanced render styles. The render manager also now supports the Dark Theme.
- Improved RedSDK Transparent fill support - Transparent fill now works the same in both Redsdk and GDI. A solid brush pattern can also be called a fill.
- Additional Enhancements include new Active Drawing Components, improved Double Precision, and faster update of some objects in RedSDK mode.
- New Highlighting of 3D objects and parts of 3D objects while using certain tools in Redsdk mode including imprinting, quick pull & 3D mirror copying.
- Improved Conceptual Selector – Users can now relocate the reference point and the rotation bars using the CTRL key. Also, scale handles are now available on the boundary boxes as in classic mode.
- New Spaces - Manage all your spaces through the design director including model space, and all paper spaces so you can handle spaces more efficiently than the tab interface allows.
- New Show Normals - The visualization of the normals make it easier to estimate the smoothness and orientation of the 3D objects, and to find artifacts/defects on those objects.
- New/Improved Mirror Copy Tool for 3D Objects includes New Mirror along Face option and New Try to Create Single Object, plus operations are now recorded in the Part Tree.
- New File Management Options – Improve workflow with New Backup of Open Documents on Program Close. The New File Buffer feature saves the Undo/Redo buffer.
- New ISO Circle/Grid - New tool allows you to easily construct isometric circles.
- New PRC 3D PDF Support – In addition to existing file export support of U3D PDF, TurboCAD now exports 3D content to PRC (Product Representation Compact) 3D PDF.
- Improved AutoCAD (DWG/DXF) - TurboCAD now uses the latest Teigha engine for the conversion of .DWG and .DXF files to and from TurboCAD for improved interoperability with other CAD applications.
Availability and Pricing
- TurboCAD Pro 2016 is now available for $1,495 USD for a full license, $399.99/year for an annual subscription.
- TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2016 is now available for $1,695 USD for a full license, $499.99/year for an annual subscription.
IMSI/Design is the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design) and a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry. With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD, DesignCAD, TurboFloorPlan, TurboViewer and TurboSite families of precision design applications for desktop and mobile. For more information, visit www.TurboCAD.com or call IMSI/Design at 1.800.833.8082 (+1.415.483.8000).